August 11, 2011

Home Made Soup and Bread

Last weekend we had my parents over for lunch. It was a humble meal of soup and bread but was totally delicious. I made Potato and Leek Soup and asked mum to bring along her signature Pumpkin Soup.


To accompany the soups I made Beer Bread and Damper. My dad doesn't drink beer at all but he loved this bread. He especially liked the sweetness and the crust.


Beer Bread
(from 3 Ingredients)
1 can of beer (375ml)
1/3 cup sugar
3 cups Self Raising Flour

Mix ingredients together and transfer into loaf tin. Bake for 1 hour at 180 degrees. 50 minutes into cooking time drizzle loaf with a knob of melted butter (I forgot to do this but it still turned out nicely).

I couldn't get enough of the damper! The base recipe is the same as I used some months back and wrote about on a previous post, Monday Night Dinner. This time however, I stirred through some garlic and herbs It was absolutely scrumptious!!


Potato and Leek Soup
This soup is quick and easy and tastes great!
55g butter
1 onion
3 leeks
225g potatoes cut into cubes
850ml vegetable stock
salt and pepper

Melt butter in a saucepan. Add onion, leek, potatoes and saute until soft. Pour in stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15mins. Blend in a food processor until smooth. Re heat and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment