August 8, 2011

Orange Cake

I went searching for an orange cake I could make without almond meal and found one written by a fellow blogger, Rhonda on Down to Earth. The recipe appeared to be quick and easy. It certainly was! I changed the recipe slightly and here it is:

2 small whole orange, washed well
3 eggs
180 g melted butter
~1 cup white sugar
1½ cups self raising flour, sifted

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Process oranges in food processor until there are no large chunks remaining. Transfer to a bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix through. Transfer to greased loaf tin and bake for about 40 minutes.

I kind of lost track how long the cake was in the oven for. I think it might have been closer to 50 minutes, rather than 40. It did brown on top very fast so I had to cover it with foil about 25 minutes in to the cooking time.


When it came out of the oven and was served up it was delicious, moist and very enjoyable. I plan on making this again very soon, before my abundant collection of oranges go off.

No comments:

Post a Comment