September 29, 2011

Kangaroo and Salad

I recently needed some read meat, not because I like it, but because I need to look after my iron levels. I had some kangaroo meat in the freezer and cooked that up. Apparently kangaroo meat is very good for you, it's lean, low in fat, high in iron and it's quite cheap. That is all good and well, but I feel very strange about eating the national animal of Australia. I'm caught in a mental struggle; I know the meat is good for me but I feel some moral conflict when eating it. I don't think i'll be having any kangaroo meat again anytime soon but I will explain a bit about this meal.


I cooked the meat just enough because it has a tenancy to be chewy when even slightly overcooked. I then mixed it with some Worcestershire and tomato sauces and made a runny gravy with the pan juices and some Gravox.
The salad was really tasty. I recently bought a jar of gherkins and have been adding them to most of the salads I'm making. The are a tasty addition. Along with the gherkins, the salad had some tomato, capsicum, lettuce, olives, celery and cucumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment