September 10, 2011

T's Birthday Lunch

Monday is T's birthday so we had some friends over for lunch today to celebrate. I had planned and cooked ahead so I had nothing to stress about today.
I tried a few new recipes, each of which were quite successful, as well as making some tried and tested favourites.

Here is the menu:

Nibbles
Savory celery sticks
Hommus with rice crackers and pita bread
Corn chips with salsa

Home made hommus
The Celery sticks were a winner. The mixture in the middle would make a nice dip, it consisted of cream cheese combined with finely chopped red onion and gherkins. I found the recipe in a 4 Ingredients cook book.

Savory celery sticks

Main

Thai Pumpkin Soup

Potato and Leek Soup

Tuscan Bean Soup
This was a new recipe. It was simple and delicious.
+ Vienna Loaf
+ Sweet chilli pull apart
+ French stick


Dessert
 Orange mini muffins with cream cheese icing

Gluten-free choc biscuits

Laurant Folie Cake

I was super happy with all the food. Everything was well received, there was plenty left over and I got a fair few compliments! Perfect for a birthday lunch!!
Happy Birthday hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment