July 7, 2011

Fruit Bun with Cream Cheese, Sultana Mix and Carrot

For the most part of a week I have had no taste. None! For someone who loves her food this has been a major bummer!!
My taste is now starting to return so I made myself a light lunch that I have been waiting to make for a while.
I used a toasted a hot cross bun and then spread on some cream cheese. I then drizzled on honey, added a mixture of sultanas, broken up walnuts and sunflower seeds and topped it off with grated carrot.


While the flavour was muted (my sense of taste is yet to return completely), it was quite nice. The textures were great too, the only problem was that all the 'bits' kept falling off the hot cross buns. I will absolutely be making this again soon. Maybe on fruit toast next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment