July 14, 2011

Quick Chicken Pie

Last night I made a quick and easy chicken pie. I found the recipe in one of my 4 Ingredients cook books and had been looking forward to giving it a go for some time.
The success of this recipe, I think, depends greatly on the quality of the chicken soup used. My pie was nice but I think it could have been more impressive if I used a different brand of soup.


Quick Chicken Pie
1 can of condensed chicken soup
1 cup cooked chicken pieces
~500g frozen vegies, defrosted
2 sheets of puff pastry

Mix soup, chicken and vegetables together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Grease pie tin and line with one sheet of pastry. Pour in pie filling. Top pie with the other pastry sheet and seal the lid by pressing it down with a fork. Cut two slits in the lid and brush with butter. Cook in a 180 degree oven for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment