January 29, 2011

Brunch at Cafe Blah Blah, Mordialloc

Cafe Blah Blah
Address: 576 Main St , Mordialloc
Phone: 9580 4576

We ventured out for brunch this morning, battling the heat (with a forecast maximum of 40 degrees, it was going to be warm!) and headed to Mordialloc. A few weeks ago when we were brunching at Main Street, we read a review in the newspaper mentioning Cafe Blah Blah, which just happened to be directly over the road. So this morning we thought we would head there for our meal.
T studied the menu enthusiastically but he was split between Baked Three Eggs with tomato, tasty cheese, crispy bacon & soldiers or Spanish One Pan Omelette with diced potato, chorizo, tomato sauce, onions, roasted capsicum & tasty cheese, served with bread (both $16.50). He settled on the later. When his food came to the table he was impressed and dug straight in. He enjoyed it very much. I had a small taste, but it seemed a little too rich for me, then again, I am used to simple home cooked eggs with minimal butter.


I ordered Baked Bircher Muesli with coconut & almond crumble, apple & pear with low fat yoghurt ($12.50). I wasn't particularly impressed. I don't know what I was expecting but this wasn't really it. I think the bircher lacked flavour, maybe some more cinnamon or chunkier pieces of almond would have enhanced it. It wasn't really moist enough for my liking either. Oh well.


Cafe Blah Blah's smoothies were specifically mentioned in the newspaper's '5 of the Best' review so we decided to try a Tropical smoothie with mango, banana and berries ($6.50). T enjoyed it, I thought it just tasted like a regular smoothie, nothing exciting.


I realise my review doesn't sound very positive today, but by no means is this a bad place to eat. The staff were friendly, service was prompt enough and the quality of food was good, I guess it just wasn't to my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment