January 28, 2011

New Frying Pan

Unfortunately my much used non-stick frying pan recently became unstuck. The upside of this is I now have a brand new frying pan!
The post Christmas sales were on at the big department stores which meant the timing was perfect for buying a heavily discounted, good quality pan. While I didn't end up buying from a department store, I did get 50% off the original price. I'm a sucker for a bargain!
I did a bit of research online but I had some criteria that I didn't want to compromise on. I wanted the pan to:
  • Be reasonably deep
  • Be 30cm wide
  • Be of a reasonable weight, some frying pans are super heavy
  • Have a warranty
I found all these elements in the pan I purchased, a Circulon Steel Elite 30cm Deep Skillet.


In addition to the things I wanted, I got the bonus of a lid (for my old frying pan I used a mismatched lid from my biggest saucepan) and the new pan is capable of going into the oven.

The down side is, Circulon is not a brand I researched and since buying the pan i have read a number of negative reviews about the brand's non-stick items. I decided not to return the pan though, I will follow guidelines for cooking with such a surface; wash carefully, don't use high heats for long periods, don't use dishwasher etc and I will trust that the lifetime guarantee is sincere.

No comments:

Post a Comment