January 25, 2011

Home Cooking

Since I started writing this blog, I've been photographing some of the more tasty looking meals I've made. I cook at home most nights but for convenience sake, I don't always cook from scratch. I did, however, make the following from scratch and thought they were pretty tasty.

For lunch I enjoyed this tasty sandwich. Fresh wholegrain bread with avocado, tomato, pickled eggs (made by my Mum. Yum!) and lettuce with salt, pepper and mayonaise.


This dinner was my first attempt at making Chilli Con Carne (with chicken mince instead of beef). I served it with corn, flavoured rice, avocado and yoghurt (a poor substitute for sour cream but it was all I had). I read a few Chilli Con Carne recipes and used what I learnt to make my own. I used canned tomato, kidney beans, tomato paste, mince and a combination of spices. For Mexican flavoured rice I fried some spices, cut up some capsicum and stirred them through.


T needed to eat some carbs and I was inspired by a TV cooking show, so I decided to serve spaghetti. I made some fresh pesto, cut up some mushrooms and smoked chicken and created a sauce using evaporated milk. Simple but tasty and spaghetti is always fun to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment