May 16, 2011

Pasta Pasta Pasta II

T needed to carb load over the weekend, which means only one thing. Pasta. I made three different dishes and lucky for him, all of them were pretty nice, no flops here.


Pumpkin, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
Oh the effort! I had to boil the cannelloni shells first and then try to stuff them. I had forgotten why I don't make this more often. I cooked and mashed the pumpkin and mixed it with ricotta, spinach and some finely chopped jalapenos. Unfortunately this mixture turned a bit watery and was hard to stuff into the tubes. After covering the cannelloni with pasta sauce, some cheese and spring onions I baked it in the oven. The stuffing shrunk somewhat but the dish tasted great and T had nothing but praise for it.



Spaghetti with Mushroom Sauce
This was easy. I simply fried some mushrooms, added a jar of creamy mushroom pasta sauce and wilted baby spinach to spaghetti. Yum!


Agnoli
This was another winner. I used Latina Eggplant and Ricotta Agnoli, Heinz spicy tomato soup and some chopped marinated char grilled vegetables. It was tasty served with asparagus on the side and cheese sprinkled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment