May 16, 2011

Turkey Mince with Vegies and Rice

I was feeling pretty uninspired about making dinner tonight. While searching through the fridge for inspiration I discovered some turkey mince close to its used by date in need of cooking.
Next I found a recipe for Thai Turkey Mince, however was missing some major ingredients so my turkey was more Thai 'inspired' than authentic Thai.
With the mince I cooked an onion and garlic. I then added some chilli sauce (hot as well as sweet), hoi sin sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar and coriander.
I served it brown rice and steamed vegies; capsicum, broccoli, bok choy and the remainder of a packet of frozen vegies.
It was rather bland so I added a little soy sauce just before serving.


Unfortunately it was a rather unexciting meal. Maybe it will taste better for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment