April 18, 2011

Dinner at La Collina Pizzeria

La Collina Pizzeria
Address:1640 Burwood Highway, Belgrave 
Phone: (03) 9752 5470 

I remembered to take my camera along to Sunday's dinner at a local Italian restaurant. 
We ordered a very simple meal, T had really been wanting to have a pizza and I'm always pretty content with soup. 
There were three soups on offer; Minestrone, Pumpkin or Mixed Vegetable & Lentil (all $7). I love lentils so that was my choice. The soup had something missing, don't get me wrong, it was nice but just missed any kick. I found it very interesting to see what appeared to be lettuce in the soup and it was still pretty crisp. I would have expected a bowl of soup to be served with some bread but this wasn't. I guess that makes good business sense really; encourage the customer to buy something they can bite into so satisfy that craving of crunch.


T chose a Mexicana Pizza ($13), it was topped with salami, capsicum and olives. I had a little bite without trying any salami and was shocked by how incredibly salty it was. It seems the olives weren't rinsed because the saltiness from just one olive was completely overpowering. I honestly couldn't taste any flavour in that mouthful, only salt. T picked most of the olives off and didn't complain too much so the pizza must have been ok once they were removed.




The Osso Bucco seemed to be very popular that night as most tables appeared to have ordered that dish. I did notice the takeaway section of the restaurant was super busy on Saturday night and it does seem a pretty popular place. The interior of the restaurant was quite basic, it was clean but dated. The staff were nice, especially the man who we paid at the end, he had a lovely warmth about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment