April 10, 2011

Oaty Tahini Cookies

I now have plenty of tahini in the cupboard after buying a jar to use for the hommus recipe. The brand of tahini (Mayver Tahini) I bought actually provides a free recipe book online so I went searching for something else to cook containing this new and interesting ingredient. I came across a cookie recipe that looked straight forward so I did a little baking.
The recipe was for Oaty Tahini Cookies. The book link can be found on the Mayvers website and contains about 20 recipes.


Unfortunately I didn't have as much coconut in the cupboard as I thought so I had to substitute most of that for more flour and oats. By choice I also used less sugar. I wasn't watching the clock closely so the biscuits came out a little darker that they should have (oops!). They tasted ok, but if I had have followed the recipe exactly I'm sure they would have been very nice. They really are just ANZAC biscuits with the addition of tahini.

No comments:

Post a Comment