April 26, 2011

Toasted Chicken Rolls for Dinner, Pasta for Lunch

I roasted a chicken yesterday and had some near stale rolls that I didn't want to waste so I decided to make toasted sandwiches (rolls in this case) for dinner. There was hardly any effort involved but they tasted great. Inside the rolls was avocado, chicken, cheese, capsicum, spring onion, tomato, rocket and baby spinach leaves with a squirt of tomato sauce and a little bit of butter.

They tasted nicer than they appear in this photo.
While I was preparing dinner I put some pasta on to boil. I made pasta for T's lunch tomorrow because there was extra chicken, spring onion and spinach leaves from dinner. I threw them together with some pasta sauce to create his lunch. It was easier than making a sandwich!

I added 2 chicken wings as a bonus treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment