April 30, 2011

Lemon Chicken with Pilaf, Zucchini and Carrots

I had a few lemons I wanted to use and found an interesting recipe for Lemon Chicken in a 4 Ingredients cook book. I wasn't really sure what to serve with the chicken with but finally decided on pilaf, steamed carrots and zucchini pieces. The pilaf was average, the zucchini was yummy but the chicken was the best thing on the plate.


Once it was cooked I was very impressed with the look of the chicken. I didn't use a whole lot of oil but it was still crispy and golden on the outside.


Lemon Chicken
2 chicken breasts cut into strips
2 lemons, juiced and zested
~1/2 cup corn flour
oil to fry

Marinate chicken in lemon juice and zest for about 2 hours. 
Remove from fridge, add corn flour and mix to form a batter.
Heat oil in frying pan. Fry chicken in batches until golden.
Place cooked chicken pieces on absorbent paper to soak up excess oil.
Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment