April 6, 2011

Mustard Chicken with Pea and Potato Mash

Last night I turned to my 4 Ingredients Cook Book collection for a little inspiration and found two recipes that were just what I was after. Mustard Chicken is something I have cooked before and enjoyed, I decided to serve it with Pea and Potato Mash and some roast pumpkin.


Mustard Chicken
  • 6tbs corn flour
  • 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 2tbs wholegrain mustard
  • 1 cup chicken stock
Season flour with salt and pepper. Toss chicken in seasoned flour to coat. Heat a non-stick frying pan and fry on all sides until lightly browned. Stir in stock and mustard and bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the sauce is thickened.


Pea and Potato Mash
  • 700g potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 140g peas
  • 50g sour cream
  • 25g parmesan cheese
Boil potatoes for about 10 minutes. Add peas, cook for 4 minutes then drain. Mash together before adding sour cream and cheese, season and serve.


The mustard chicken was a real winner but I think I'll stick to regular mashed potato in the future.
In addition to being easy, I love that these recipes are budget conscious too.

No comments:

Post a Comment