February 1, 2011

Bircher Muesli


Mmm-mmm, Bircher Muesli, my favourite! I love bircher and have it for breakfast most mornings. I discovered my enjoyment for it about 2 years ago and make it slightly differently each time. However I did measure ingredients when I made it the other day, so that I could post an accurate recipe here. As with all recipes, quantities should be played with to suit your tastes and so you can claim the recipe as yours!

Bircher Muesli
Ingredients
2 1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup fruit/seeds/nuts (any combo you like; sultanas, almonds, pepitas, sunflower seeds, craisins, dried apricot etc)
sprinkling cinnamon
sprinkling nutmeg
250ml fruit juice
1 cup yoghurt

Method
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge over night. 
In the morning you might like to add a little extra liquid or yoghurt or maybe drizzle with some honey.
We serve ours with fruit. Here is a his and her's bircher breakfast.


T likes his with fruit salad or two-fruit mixed with a generous helping of bircher.


I have mine with a chopped banana and All Bran.


No comments:

Post a Comment