February 1, 2011

Half Home Made Indian


I had no meat in the fridge and some wraps left over from a previous Mexican meal, so I decided to serve Indian for dinner. I grabbed a can of dahl from the pantry (as dodgy as that sounds, it is actually really tasty & super convenient) and a couple of potatoes. I cooked up the simplest Indian dish I know, Aloo Jeera (Potato with Cumin).
All I did was boil some potatoes, easy. Fried some cumin seeds, chilli powder, garam masala and tumeric in my new frying pan. Then added the potatoes to the spice mix with some salt. Nice and easy.
I quickly made some raita too. I chopped up a little cucumber and added it to Greek yoghurt along with some coriander, garlic and a little pepper.


While it was not a beautiful Indian meal made from scratch, it was a quick, convenient and tasty mid week meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment