February 4, 2011

Roast Chicken Dinner

A good roast dinner is always well received and can be very easy if you cheat a little, like I tend to.
I am no expert when it comes to cooking or marinating meat so I tend to buy pre-seasoned roasting meat from the supermarket.
For this particular meal I cooked peri-peri flavoured chicken pieces and roast vegies. I chopped up pumpkin, potato and sweet potato which I roasted on the shelf below the chicken. I also steamed some broccoli then quickly stir-fried it with chilli, garlic and spring onion.
Just before the meat was ready I realised I had no Gravox so I improvised and made gravy from scratch using water, corn flour, vegetable stock powder and chicken juices. I didn't do a very good job stirring through the lumps, so just sieved the gravy as I poured it over the meal.


T and I both enjoyed our dinner and there are plenty of left overs. Win, win!

No comments:

Post a Comment