February 5, 2011

Lunch at San Sebastian

San Sebastian
Address: 303 Hampton Street, Hampton
Phone: 03 9533 4755

For lunch today we headed to a cafe in Hampton. The menu had many tempting options and it took us longer to decide what we wanted than it did for the dishes to come out once we'd ordered them.
I ordered the Mediterranean Lamb Salad ($18.50). It consisted of plenty of lamb, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, onion (which always pick out), goats cheese, olives and crispy bread strips and was dressed with an Italian dressing. It was delicious! Especially the crispy pieces of bread. I think the menu said the salad also came with macadamia nuts, which mine didn't have. They would've been a nice addition but the salad was super tasty without them.


T ordered a simple Chicken and Avocado Focaccia ($12). As well as the avocado and chicken, the focaccia had cheese, lettuce, onion and mayonnaise. From the nibble I had, it seemed to be little more than an average sandwich. I think some extra avocado would have made it tastier. Also, I think it could have been improved if the lettuce was served on the side and the focaccia was toasted for longer.


I thoroughly enjoyed my salad, we both had a nice coffee, and our waitress was friendly so lunch was an overall success. However, if we were to visit San Sebastian again I doubt we would be ordering a focaccia.

No comments:

Post a Comment