February 19, 2011

Dinner at Cafe Lecco

Cafe Lecco 
Address: 14 Atherton Rd, Oakleigh
Phone: 03 9569 0661 
Last night we decided on Italian for dinner and headed to Cafe Lecco in Oakleigh. It is a quiet little place and we had our choice of tables even though it was a Friday night, we chose to sit outside.

T ordered the Calabrese Fettucine with salami, onion, olives, hot chilli & tomato sauce ($17). He said the first few mouthfuls weren't very flavoursome, but he thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the dish.


I chose a Marinara Pizza with tomato, cheese, seafood, garlic & olive oil ($12). It was quite nice. I'm used to vegies on my pizza so this was very different for me. The crust was fabulous!


T also wanted some Garlic Bread ($6.50), he almost ate the whole thing. It wasn't really browned on the top, nor was it cut far enough through but it was tasty.


I wanted a Bowl of Vegetables (7.50) to have with my pizza but it was also overlooked and wasn't brought out until 15-20 mins after the other dishes, by which time I was nearly finished my meal. When this came out it appeared very unexciting but, looks can be deceiving! Whatever was used to season/dress the vegies was great and I really enjoyed these.


Service was average. We were given two glasses of water once we'd ordered but no one ever offered to fill them up, we had to ask. The delay in bringing out our vegetables was also disappointing.

The food was nice but we will look for a different Italian restaurant next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment