February 12, 2011

Oven-Baked Corn Omelettes

In addition to making Weet-Bix Cookies today, I made some savory muffin-like snacks. I found a recipe for Oven-Baked Corn Omelettes while searching for a healthy snack to take to my parent's house.

As usual, I changed the original recipe to suit my own tastes and what I had in the fridge. Here is my modified recipe:
  • 1 red onion, finely sliced 
  • 6 button mushrooms, finely chopped
  • 1 tomato, finely diced
  • 1/3 cup red capsicum, finely diced
  • 400g cans corn kernels, well drained
  • 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
  • 8 eggs
  • chives
  • tomato sauce (to taste)
  • Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease or line an 8 x 1/2-cup capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
  2. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions then mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat. Stir through corn, tomato and capsicum. Cool for 10 minutes.
  3. Stir cheese into corn mixture. Spoon evenly into muffin holes. Beat eggs in a jug with a fork until well combined, add chives and sauces and beat a little longer. Pour evenly over corn mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until light golden and set.
  4. Stand for 5 minutes in pan. Carefully lift out.

    This is what the inside looks like.

     
    **I actually added two more eggs, so that I would have a few mini muffins aswell.

    10 eggs made 12 smallish muffins and 12 mini muffins (I ate a mini one before taking the photo).


No comments:

Post a Comment