February 12, 2011

Weet-Bix Cookies Recipe

 I found a recipe on the Woolworths website titled Chocolate Weet-Bix Cookies and was inspired to make some biscuits of my own but I changed the recipe a little.


The original recipe calls dried apricots and choc bits but I omitted the chocolate and used sultanas instead of apricots. I also used half a cup of loosely packed sugar rather than 100g. I wasn't impressed with the finished product, I didn't find them very morish and won't make them again but hey, it's always good to try out a new cookie recipe!
  • 4 Sanitarium Weet-Bix, crushed
  • 2/3 cup rolled oats
  • ¾ cup wholemeal plain flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup sultanas
  • 3 Tbsp margarine
  • 2 Tbsp golden syrup
  • 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
  • 1/4 cup boiling water
  1. Preheat oven to 160ºC. In a bowl mix Weet-Bix, rolled oats, flour, sugar and sultanas until well combined.
  2. Place margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted.
  3. Mix bicarb soda and water together then pour into margarine mixture. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
  4. Roll tablespoons of mixture and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool on tray before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment