February 19, 2011

Womans Weekly Children's Birthday Cake Book

I grew up with loving book. In the lead up to every birthday I would take it off the shelf and slowly flick through its pages until I found the perfect birthday cake.
The original book was so popular with kids of my generation that a comedian, Josh Earl, even performs a comedy routine about his love of the Woman's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake Book. T and I watched his routine as part of the Melbourne Comedy Festival last year and it reminded me of many happy childhood birthday memories.
So, when I saw the book for sale today at the local newsagent for only $15, I couldn't not buy it!


Here are a few cakes that Mum lovingly made for my brothers and I as kids.


This was made for my brothers. Instead of having the water as a pool, Mum put little shark toys on top of the cake.


I used to love pigs.


Perfect for a little girl!


Now when it comes time for me to create special birthday cakes, I know just where to turn for inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment