February 19, 2011

Salads

Here are a few salads I have enjoyed lately.

This one had butter beans, corn, tomato, capsicum, cucumber, avocado and canned salmon. For the dressing I whisked together some white vinegar, Gourmet Garden Mediterranean herbs, mayonaise, salt and pepper.










This salad consisted of a packet of pre-prepared 'Citrus Salad' from Safeway and some marinated honey and soy chicken strips on top. Simple, quick but very nice. The packet salad came with the salad mix, a citrus dressing and some tiny croutons.









This was a meat-free meal. My (soon to be) sister in-law told me about a salad she'd made recently using three coloured capsicums, roma tomatoes and fetta. That inspired me to make this. I used red, yellow and green capsicum, tomato, capsicum, fetta and coloured cos lettuce. I dressed it with a mixture of white vinegar, mayonnaise, tomato sauce, sweet chilli sauce, Gourmet Garden Italian herbs and olive oil.


                                                        



No comments:

Post a Comment