March 5, 2011

Coco Pops Oaty Cookies Recipe

I found two tiny packets of Coco Pops so I went in search of a recipe that wasn't Chocolate Crackles. I found this recipe; Kellogg's Coco Pops Moons and Stars Oaty Cookies. I used regular Coco Pops and roughly converted the weights to cup measurements because my scales are a little tricky to read. Probably due to my rough conversions I needed to add an egg which the original recipe didn't call for. I also used a combination of butter, margarine and oil because I didn't want to use up all my margarine. Here is what I baked:

  • 50g (~1/2 cup) rolled oats
  • 50g (2 single serve packets) Kellogg’s Coco Pops
  • 80g (~1/2 cup) wholemeal self raising flour
  • 50g (~1/4 cup) sugar
  • 80g butter/margarine/oil combination
  • 1 egg
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Crush Coco Pops.
Combine Coco Pop crumbs with oats and flour.
Melt butter/margarine/oil and sugar in a saucepan over a gentle heat stirring until sugar has dissolved.
Take off heat and add to dry ingredients, stir, add egg and thoroughly mixing together.
Press mixture into balls (approx 1 tbsp) and space well apart on baking tray, flattening slightly.
Bake in oven at 180°C for approx 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
Leave on tray to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.


They are tasty, quick and easy cookies.

1 comment: