March 5, 2011

Pasta, Pasta, Pasta

T loves his exercise and often likes a big pasta dish on a Friday night. Here are some of the latest carb loaded meals meals I've made.

This was roast vegies and spinach in a tomato based sauce with penne.


Here is a simple tomato sauce (tomatoes, onion, garlic & Italian herbs) and fetta with ravioli. Served with a side salad.

I had two half finished packets of pasta (penne and spaghetti) so I cooked them up and used both to make a pasta bake. The sauce came from a jar but I also added mushrooms, zucchini and some delicious tomatoes. I grated some tasty cheese and a little parmesan cheese on top. I love the crunchy top pieces when it comes out of the oven!


I served the pasta bake with a mini garlic bread.


Making fancy pasta sauces isn't my favourite thing to do so I often use a jar of sauce as my the base to which I then add different vegies, bits and pieces. For this pasta I used Creamy Tomato & Mozzarella Pasta Bake sauce by Dolmio.



This was a very quick meal. I just boiled the pasta, chopped up a tasty tomato and 2 spring onions, mixed the sauce through all the other ingredients, heated it up a little more and sprinkled on some Parmesan cheese. Yum.

                                                   



No comments:

Post a Comment