March 18, 2011

Stuffed Chicken Breast, Ratatouille and Cous-Cous

One of my friends was telling me recently about how she had enjoyed a delicious meal of stuffed chicken breast that she'd made at home. I was inspired to make my own version for dinner the other night.
I used two chicken breasts and cut them almost in half before filling them with a tasty stuffing. The stuffing consisted of mushrooms, spinach, garlic and pine nuts which I'd sauteed. I then mixed this with some cottage and parmesan cheese and Classic Roast Gormet Garden herbs.
While the chicken was in the oven I made a modified ratatouille. It wasn't a true ratatouille because I just used zucchini, tomato, red onion, a splash of pasta sauce, hot chilli sauce and some chives.
I also served up cous-cous which was straight from a packet and mixed with water.


It was a really nice meal and something different for a change. The only flaws were the colours were not very vibrant and the chicken was a tiny bit dry, but then again, that is to be expected because I am very unskilled when it comes to cooking meat well.
Here is a close up of the chicken stuffing. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment