March 3, 2011

Dinner from Souvlaki House, Oakleigh

Souvlaki House 
Address: 9 Warrigal Rd, Oakleigh
Phone: 95682838

T had been craving a souvlaki for a few weeks so yesterday we headed to Souvlaki House, a take-away store we often drive past.

When reading the chalk board menu I was pleasantly surprised to see they serve souvlakis in small as well as regular size.
I ordered a small lamb souvlaki ($8) minus the onion. The bread was lightly grilled and contained garlic sauce, tomato and lettuce. There was plenty of lettuce which was good because I often find souvlakis lack enough salad (but that may just be me). The lamb was of a decent quality and seasoned with rosemary, amongst other things.

After a few bites.
T had a regular sized mixed; lamb & chicken souvlaki ($10). His had all the same fillings as mine plus extra onion.


T and I agreed that the souvlakis were average; we've had better but we've also had much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment