March 10, 2011

Fazio's for Dinner

Fazio's

Address:  462 Hampton Street, Hampton
Phone: (03) 9598 9396

T's favourite indulgence is a thin crusted pepperoni pizza and he has found a new favourite place to get it. He enjoyed a take-away pizza from Fazio's about two months back and was eager to return for a dine in meal.
Of course, he ordered a Reggio Pizza- tomato, mozzarella, hot salami, black olives ($16 for small). He enjoyed every single mouthful. He even suggested this should be the restaurant we return to for all celebrations and special occasions in the future.


I didn't really want pizza or pasta so I ordered Warm portobello mushrooms with goats cheese, rocket and pine nut salad ($15 entree size).  When I ordered it the waitress advised me it was quite small and would not fill me if I was hungry. I wasn't particularly hungry so it was perfect; perfect in size, perfect in presentation and absolutely perfect in flavour. Perfect!

The photo is pretty unimpressive, the complete opposite of the DELICIOUS dish!
Our dining experience was enjoyable however there were a few small things that could have made it better.
While the waiting staff were all lovely when dealing directly with paying customers, I did see two instances when one staff member was dealing with children that I think could have been handled better.
The back area of the restaurant, heading to the toilets left a lot to be desired. It's was like a spare draw or a spare bedroom- its ok to be untidy but that mess shouldn't be seen by visitors/customers.

On the other hand, seeing clearly into the kitchen is a nice touch, so is having the pizza oven visible from the street, very enticing!

We will absolutely be back, the food could not be faulted though I do hope the back of house would be tidied up a bit next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment