March 15, 2011

Take-away from Golden Star, Bendigo

Golden Star
Address: 382 Hargreaves Street, Bendigo
Phone:  (03) 5443 4814
I'd been wanting to have some Chinese while in Bendigo so we stopped by Golden Star restaurant for a late take-away dinner. The waitress who took our order was lovely; bubbly and incredibly friendly. I do, however, have to fault her on one thing, her recommendation that I order Mixed Vegetables ($12.80) over Eggplant Braised in Brown Sauce ($13.80). Oh, how I should have chosen the eggplant....

The smell of Chinese wofting through the car as we travelled back to the motel was very tempting.


T ordered Chilli Chicken ($12.80) which was very nice. The chicken was good quality, it came with plenty of vegies and just the right amount of chilli.


The Mixed Vegetables was really bland. The variety of vegetables was good and they were cooked well but seriously lacked flavour. They were so plain that I resorted to pouring over some of the chilli chicken's spare sauce. I didn't eat much.


The small Steamed Rice ($3) was cooked perfectly, though that's not tricky to do.
Unfortunately, my craving for Chinese wasn't exactly satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment