March 21, 2011

Groceries & Meals for the Next Fortnight

Another fortnight, another mammoth shopping trip. I wrote a very detailed shopping list this time to insure I didn't forget any particular ingredient that could make or break a dish.
Look at the length of the receipt!


I cooked almost all of the meals I'd planned for last fortnight and no food was wasted. Here is the meal plan for this week. Some of these will be for lunches, others for dinner and a few will be served together:
  • S&B Golden Curry
  • BBQ- sausages and corn
  • Thai chicken stirfry & coconut rice
  • Lamb with mushroom sauce
  • Chicken Jumbo burgers
  • Risotto
  • Risoni Salad
  • Pumpkin & beetroot salad
  • Pasta with homemade pesto
  • Tomato tart
  • Mexican cups  
  • Zucchini & Leek soup
I'm most looking forward to making the tart, the recipe for which I will adapt from March's recipes + magazine. The Mexican cups (Huevos Rancheros), Risoni Salad and Zucchini & Leek soup are also featured in the same magazine. Here are what they look like in the magazine photos:


Tomato Tart
Huevos Rancheros
Risoni Salad






No comments:

Post a Comment