March 21, 2011

Zucchini & Leek Soup

The original recipe is from recipes + magazine. The magazine didn't specify all measurements so nor have I. Here is what I used:

1 zucchini
1 leek (the original recipe used 2 leeks)
minced garlic
chicken stock
~180ml evaporated milk (the original recipe used cream)
parmesan cheese
pepper
butter

Cook chopped zucchini and leek in butter until tender. Add garlic and stock, cover and simmer for about 15mins. Cool slightly then blend until smooth. Add evaporated milk, cheese and pepper. Heat and serve.


The soup had a subtle but pleasant flavour.


I served it with a toasted piece of Helgas Pumpkin Five Seed bread. It is no reflection on the soup but I have to say, the pumpkin seeds in the toast were my favourite part of the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment