March 14, 2011

Muffins using Pear and Apple Puree

I decided I'd bake muffins to use some of the puree I prepared earlier today.


I went in search of a muffin recipe using apple puree and yoghurt, I couldn't find the perfect one so I adapted. Here is my recipe:

1 cup wholemeal SR flour
3/4 cup wholemeal plain flour
1/4 cup plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
<1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oats
handful of sultanas
handful of walnuts
1 1/4 cup natural yoghurt (+ a few drops of vanilla essence)
1/2 cup pear & apple puree
2 eggs
100ml light olive oil
***consider adding cinnamon for a little extra flavour

Preheat oven to 180°C and spray muffin tins with olive oil.
Sift flours and baking powder. Add sugar, oats, sultanas and walnuts. Stir together.
In a seperate bowl mix yoghurt, eggs, oil and puree.
Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
Transfer mixture to muffin tins and bake in oven for about 25mins.

11 muffins minus the one I ate
I made 11 muffins, some of which were heat shaped, though you can't really tell once the muffins have risen.
They were nice but not very flavoursome. A stronger flavoured yoghurt, extra walnuts, sultanas and some cinnamon would've made these fabulous. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment